Discover how easy drafting your own patterns can be in the this fantastic 2 day workshop. Learn to make patterns for dresses and tops in your exact measurements the quick and easy way. Donna from Sewing Therapy will take you through the process, revealing all the tricks of the trade and give you the confidence to draft up your own designs.
This workshop is aimed at absolute beginners although to get the most out of the course, it would be beneficial to have basic sewing skills.
What you will cover:
• How to take measurements of self and others
• Working from a set of measurements- either your own or a standard size – you will draft a bodice block.
• Construct the block in calico and fit to body.
• Darts and dart manipulation- Moving darts and removing darts
• Turning darts into seams
• Adding fullness, gathers etc.
• Button wrap
• Pattern Draft – Draft a full scale pattern for a Top of your own design to include seam allowances annotations and all pattern markings.
What you will leave with:
• A complete block designed for your body
• Patternmaking notes
• Pattern Drafter Ruler with instructions
What to bring:
• 2 mts of calico (this can be purchased instore at Amitie)
• Sewing machine in good order, thread, fabric/paper scissors, pins and tape measure
|AM140:||Sat, May 25, 2019 at 10:00 am to 3:00 pm|
Sun, May 26, 2019 at 10:00 am to 3:00 pm